Jeyasingam has been with the Firm since 1994. He specialises in dispute resolution in general civil litigation matters. His main areas of practice are banking, restructuring and insolvency, family and matrimonial disputes, land disputes, contentious, probate and administration matters as well as disputes involving environmental matters. General practice aside, he also handles appeals in the appellate courts.
Court experience aside, Jeyasingam has also contributed to the contents and publication of 1st Edition of Bullen & Leake & Jacob’s Malaysia Precedents of Pleadings.
NOTABLE MATTERS HANDLED
• Successfully represented a renowned property developer to uphold a commercial restructuring exercise in highly contentious proceedings before the High Court. The decision was ultimately upheld by the Federal Court
• Represented a renowned rubber plant and succeeded in a judicial review application against a State Director General of Environment in respect to certain environmental disputes, resulting in the matter being referred the Appeal Board constituted under the Environmental Quality Act 1974, for the first time
• Represented the trustees of a land where a renowned Chinese secondary school in Penang is built on and operating against a school management body in respect of contested trust matters at the HighCourt and Court of Appeal
• Successfully defended a striking out application against an investment holding company owned by the Ministry of Finance Incorporated in respect of a dispute concerning lands in Penang
• Acted for the State Government of Penang, together with the late Dato’ Ghazi Ishak (the founding Partner of the firm) to represent the District Land Administrator in respect of an appeal concerning rates owing to the State in the Federal Court
• Participated and advised a state statutory body in respect of a potential water dispute
• Successfully administered a multimillion dollar estate involving complex cross-jurisdictional issues
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) University of London
- Advocate & Solicitor High Court of Malaya (1994)
- Inns of Court Malaysia (ICM)